At St Mary the Virgin we want to make everyone feel welcome and safe. To help with this, Rosemary Danny acts as our Vulnerable Adult Coordinator and Child Protection Officer. Her role includes looking out for those within the church who may need support. She is also available to speak to about any issues or concerns you may have.
Reporting a Concern
If you have a safeguarding concern, please do contact either Rosemary or the Team Rector, Lindsay Hammond.
Rosemary: 01797 270 676
Lindsay: 01580 761 591.
If you are unable to get through, then please do leave a message and someone will contact you as soon as possible. If you believe someone is at immediate risk or danger please call 999.
We are committed to a child protection and vulnerable adults policy in line with the Canterbury Diocese. For further information please click on this link: child protection and vulnerable adults. This policy is reviewed annually by the PCC.
Parish Safeguarding Policy Statement
Parish of St Mary the Virgin, Stone-in-Oxney.
This Parochial Church Council has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England. The Church of England Parish Safeguarding Handbook can be found here: Parish Safeguarding Handbook
In particular we are committed to:
- the safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults
- carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability
- responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed
- cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation
- ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse
- extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them
Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact Childline on 0800 1111
Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on 0808 800 2222
The Parish Safeguarding Coordinator is available to speak with adults or children: Rosemary Danny, telephone: 01797 270 676